That would be “F”ulton “A”rea “B”usiness Alliance festival, for those not in the know.
And for those who are still like – huh? – that would be right by our dear, sweet Outpost.
So come on by this Sunday (and EVERY SUNDAY in June) from noon to 6pm and check all this out:
Cooking demos, food tastings, moonshine sipping and a chilled organic soup pureed making — with the aid of a human-powered bike-blender are all part of the line-up for second weekend of FABfest — a month-long three-block street festival on Fulton Street between Lafayette Avenue and South Oxford Street, in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
A schedule of demos and tastings after the jump...
Also at FABfest on Sunday June 13, from 12noon-6pm:
• 12noon-1:30pm: Salsa Dance Party & Dance Lessons featuring Brooklyn Salsa Party (everyone is welcome to join in!)
• 1:30-2:00: Live Gospel Concert featuring the Lafayette Inspirational Ensemble (performing as they make their way down Fulton Street to the stage!)
• 2:00-6:00: Toasters Delight: a Reggae Party featuring DJs Geko Jones and Matt Shadetek of Dutty Artz, Jahdan Blakkamore, Cool Places Soundsystem, Gael Dubourg, DJ Gravy, and special guests. Toasters Delight celebrates the June 15th BAMcinemaFEST screening of the Brooklyn indie film Wah Do Dem.
Visit BAM.org for screening info
Plus games, crafts, balloons and activities and…. 3-on-3 soccer on the street… all afternoon!
Schedule for ‘‘… at FABfest 2010
12 noon – Louisa Shafia, author of LUCID FOODS shows how vegetarian food is both delicious and healthy – creating a chilled cucumber soup from organic produce from Fulton Street’s MetFoods (985 Fulton @ St. James) with the aid of the Bike Blender from Habana Outpost (757 Fulton @ S. Portland), and powered by…. spectators at FABfest.
– Mozzarella-making at Greene Grape Provisions (753 Fulton @ S. Portland)
– Buka (946 Fulton @ Cambridge Place), Nigerian restaurant
– Jam-making by Anarchy in a Jar, available at Greene Grape Provisions
3:00 – Chef Michael Allen of Desserts by Michael Allen (1015 Fulton @ Grand) shares his secrets on sugar and decorating an elaborate cake – a demo you don’t want to miss!
– Max Watman, the author of CHASING THE WHITE DOG will be in conversation with Gable Erenzo, son of the founder of Tuthilltown Distillery, the first (legal!) distillery in NY since Prohibition, at Greenlight Greenlight Bookstore (686 Fulton @ S. Portland). Tasting to follow at 4:00 at The Greene Grape
:00– Pickling by Rick’s Picks, also available at Provisions
– Comparative tasting of white whiskies at The Greene Grape (765 Fulton @ S. Portland)
– Deniz (662 Fulton @ S. Elliott),Turkish cuisine
In front of Bati Restaurant (747 Fulton @ S. Portland) samples and an introduction on Ethiopian food and Smoke Joint (87 S. Elliott Place @ Fulton) will be offering samples of house-made grilled sausages.
For updates on the list of activities and schedules visit faballiance.org or facebook at fab fulton