Spring is in the air and that means it’s almost time for the 2012 Habana Works Earth Day Expo at Habana Outpost – New York’s first solar powered restaurant! Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 14th to celebrate the re-opening of the restaurant and a day of eco-friendly fun – Habana style
The Earth Day Expo gives our neighbors a chance to join us in spreading the love by participating in the Earth day program while sharing resources and ideas about sustainable living!
Event highlights will include:
· Habana Works – willgive away wildflower seeds that will help support local pollinators.
· The Kid’s Corner – Habana Works will kick off its Kid’s Corner season with recycled arts and crafts and a fun planting workshop for young gardeners!
· My Brooklyn Baby – will give away homemade play dough (with recipe) and sell vegetable seeds to plant along with mini-gardening tools for your little helpers.
· Lower East Side Ecology Center – Electronic waste (e-waste) collection! Responsibly recycle all of your broken or unwanted electronics.
· GrowNYC – Put your recycling knowledge to the test and take home apartment composting tips andtricks using red wiggler worms!
· Greene Harvest CSA – Come by for your last chance to sign upfor shares of fresh, healthy food from our favorite local CSA.
· Reconciling Rwanda’s Forests – Help support Rwanda! Learn about Elsa’s efforts to support local conservation and post-conflict development.
· FOKUS – Add your own touch to the Earth Day Expo Community Canvas.
· Green Market – Play Jeopardy-style trivia with a chance to win prizes!
· Rooware – Will be selling children’s tableware that is modern, fun, and eco-friendly.
· Shop Green – Local vendors and designers will showcase and sell their most innovative green products and services.
April 14th from 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Questions? E-mail email@example.com