It’s that time of year again! Habana Outpost is gearing up to kick off another great season of delicious food and good times with family & friends at our annual 2014 Habana Works Earth Day Expo! On Saturday, April 12th we’ll be opening our doors for the first time this year to celebrate Habana Outpost’s re-opening and Earth Day! The expo will be a day filled with eco-friendly fun – done with a Habana twist of course!
Habana Works is the non-profit branch of the Habana family, which provides free hands-on programs that celebrate urban environmentalism in the Brooklyn community. The annual Earth Day Expo gives our neighbors a chance to join us in “spreading the love” by participating in the Earth Day program while sharing resources and ideas about sustainable living!
The Earth Day Expo will involve a variety of guests, who also promote environmentalism and social responsibility. Some of the highlights will include:
- The Kid’s Corner – Habana Works will kick off its Kid’s Corner season with recycled arts & crafts!
- Lower East Side Ecology Center – Showcases innovative recycling options for NYC residents including free public compost collection and electronic waste recycling.
- NYC Compost Project Workshops – Sponsored by Brooklyn Botanic Garden and the Department of Sanitation, these fun and informative workshops will teach you how to start composting at home.
- Boswyk Farms – Learn about hydroponic farming using a demo system, literature and through conversation.
- Food & Water Watch – Learn about common sense policies that will result in healthy, safe food and access to safe and affordable drinking water.
- Green Homes – Find out more information on free and low-cost green building educational resources and events.